We are excited to announce that applications are open for the 2022 James E. Clyburn Fellowship!
The James E. Clyburn Fellowship is essential to building the future for South Carolina Democrats. We are excited to welcome another class of Clyburn Fellows and invest in the rising stars who will go on to lead our state. If you are unfamiliar with the Fellowship, click here to learn more.
We are seeking individuals who are motivated and ready to enter the exciting and fast-paced world of politics. The Clyburn Fellowship offers intensive training sessions for individuals interested in running for political office, campaign management, fundraising and consulting for local, county, and state party political operations.
Twenty individuals will be selected for the 2022 class. They will meet in-person at the Fowler Center (Democratic Party Headquarters in Columbia) for four weekend sessions (Saturday and half-day Sunday) beginning in February. All participants will be required to wear masks and to have been vaccinated—unless an individual has a medical exception.
Desired Clyburn Fellows Qualifications:
- Dedication to the values of the Democratic Party
- Interest in running for or helping others achieve public office
- Desire to participate in the political process and to strengthen leadership skills
- Experience in local community activities and electoral politics
- Willingness to learn and explore different points of view
Does this sounds like you or someone you know? There is no time to waste — the application deadline is January 18th at 5 p.m.